Bad luck

• I just discovered that my culture of Apeuthes [lexicon]sp.[/lexicon] went nearly extinct during the last two weeks. All adults and babies were deceased, except for two adults who were moulting and 3 babies in the bottom of the tank. Dammit!!! I'ts probably food-related - just cant figure out what did it X(

regards,
    Sofus

• I had'nt any problems until about two weeks ago - they were breeding nicely and doing really fine - and then kaboom! All is dead.

I haven't really got anything to trade with at the moment, i might get back to you in the spring though - i have a few new species that ought to produce offspring sometimes during the next 1/2 year.

/Sofus

• What species are these by the way? I'm afraid I can't place the latin name. :undecided:

• They are of the species Apeuthes [lexicon]sp.[/lexicon] (Thailand red banded). Got the Scientific name from Orin McMonigle's book. I dont think they are listed on this site yet.

/Sofus

• I'd never seen these ones before, they are very pretty looking millipedes though! :D

• Hi Sofus,

It`s sad because of the Thailand redlegged :undecided:
    Do you have a sugestion why they died??? ?(

Something with the food? The substrate? The temperature? Any strange behaviour? Any other species in there?

When the little ones from you are big enough I could send you some :bigthump:

• Hi Sofus,
    I am allso curious what caused it. You write food-related, what food caused this then?. I have the same species in my collection. So you can allways inform if you want to get some. Untill now they are doing quite well.
    best regards, Reginald

intriged by life

• I don't know what killed them. The reason i think it's food related is, that the only thing i did different the days before they died off was to feed them butternut squash instead of the usual cucumber. The squash was harvested in my own garden and i don't use any kinds of pesticides. Maybe the millipedes are intollerant of something found in this kind of vegetable? I fed it to some of my other millipedes though, and they seem to be fine.

/Sofus